Photo Credit: Nomadic Negro
Have you heard that there’s a beach in Ondo state and you’re wondering if it’s true or a lie? Well, it’s the truth and you should read this guide.
Or maybe you love to explore Off-the-beaten-paths like myself, then you should read this guide.
I explored Araromi beach with some travellers, so be rest assured that you’ll get all the information you need on this guide.
Getting to Araromi beach
Because I’m a resident of Ibadan, I departed from Ibadan. And it was an awesome trip to my destination. But I definitely will share all the information on how to get to Araromi beach with you, you’re welcome 😉
If you’ll be going by road, board Ore straight from Lagos or Ibadan, from Ore board igbokoda and from igbokoda there’s Araromi bus.
If you’re adventurous you might want to consider riding on bike from the Lagos coastal line down to the Ondo state coastal line, which is Araromi beach 😁 You’ll get these bikes in Folu, Lagos. How to get to Folu; get to Ajah first and take a bus going to Eleko, take a cab/bus/bike going to Folu, then board a bike going to Araromi. It costs N2,500 from Folu to Araromi.
Going by water, which I think is the most daring 😁
Get to Epe first, then use the boat from Epe to Alape (pronounced as ALAKPE), from Alape get a bus to Araromi 😁
Have it at the back of your mind that if you’ll be going by road, this isn’t a day trip. And also, it is important that you set out as early as possible if you want to get to Araromi early.
Staying in the community and exploring the beach
Firstly, let’s talk about staying overnight in the Araromi community. Araromi community is a small community where you’ll enjoy their nightlife and experience the uniqueness of the beaut, but you might have problems with getting a conducive space to stay overnight (the only hotel there is made with bamboos and room divisions are made with nylons/trampoline. So you if you won’t be comfortable with staying in their hotel, they legit call the place hotel with excitement written all over their faces and bright smile). My fellow travellers and I got locals to give us their rooms where we stayed overnight, @mydreamtours was our plug, you should reach out to them to help you book rooms from the locals (of course, the rooms aren’t free).
When you visit Araromi beach, here are some beautiful experiences you’ll have and I’m sure you’ll love them.
- Enjoy the amazing views, this is nothing compared to the beaches you’ve seen I promise. The beach is totally untapped, therefore, you won’t see ships far away or maybe some skyscraper. All you’ll see is the sky and the mighty ocean in all her beauty, I legit couldn’t differentiate between the sky and the ocean.
- Taste freshly roasted Seafood (fishes, crabs, etc) from the locals. Be sure to buy freshly roasted seafood from the fishermen’s wives, the taste heavenly 🥰😍
- Watch the fishermen fishing in their canoes
- Experience the serenity of the beach with just you or a few friends, Araromi beach is not like the overcrowded beach in our part of the country😁
- It’s super serene and clean 💯
This is a Guest Post by The Jumoke Smiley Munu; a travel content creator who shares useful tips for easy and safe travel. She’s the founder and Lead Advisor at The Smiley’s Place Travels.